VIRTUAL RUN - MELISSA’S PARK ROAD RACE
HOW IT WORKS
1. Register for the Melissa’s Park Road Race Virtual Run HERE
2. Train for your goal distance!
3. Instructions - You will receive a detailed instruction email 24 hours prior to the start of the Virtual Running Window (September 26th to October 12th, 2020) with specific links and codes needed for your Virtual Run.
4. Race Bib - Download your personalized Melissa’s Park Road Race Bib (instructions will be included in the e-mail you receive 24 hours prior to the start of the Virtual Running Window).
5. How to Upload Your Results - You will need to upload your run results with verification to be counted in the Virtual Run. You have 3 choices of how to do this which you should review in advance of your run. Please see “How to Upload Your Results to Verify Your Run” following these instructions.
6. Run! Complete your run between the virtual window of September 26th and October 12th, 2020. Your distance can be completed at any time during this period. You can run on a course of your choice whether it is on the road, trails, track, treadmill, or wherever you want (please abide by local health authority and traffic guidelines).
7. Social Media - We want to see your whole experience! Take lots of photos so we can share your race day pictures. Please tag your photos on Instagram with:
8. Upload your results! Participants must use RunGo or submit GPX /Photo verification to be included in the results. Results must be submitted by Tuesday, October 13th, 2020.
9. Check the LEADERBOARD HERE for your results, finish certificates etc.
10. Race Shirt and Medal - Once you have completed your run, we will send you instructions on how to receive your official race shirt and special finisher’s medal.
11. Prizes - We will also hold contests with great prizes so keep a watch out on the Melissa’s Park Road Race social media pages.
12. Any issues or questions regarding your TIMES or RESULTS? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESULTS TO VERIFY YOUR RUN
You will need to upload your run results with verification to be counted in the Virtual Run. You have 3 choices of how you can do this:
1. RunGo APP
Startline Timing has partnered with RUN GO for an AMAZING virtual race experience.
Step 1: Get the FREE RunGo app. If you already have it, please update to the latest version to ensure you are getting the most up to date virtual experience!
Step 2: Open the MELISSA’S ROAD RACE (5K, 10K, or HALF) ROUTE in the app, or click on the corresponding link for your distance, which will be included in your Pre-Race email.
Step 3: Run the Route - you can choose VIRTUAL mode (on the actual route or anywhere you are), or use INDOOR mode on your treadmill
Step 4: At the end of the run, after you have pressed STOP, look for
> “Share Your Run”
> “Submit to Virtual Race” and select MELISSA’S ROAD RACE.
This will seamlessly add your run to the Startline Timing results page within a few minutes.
Step 5: Check the LEADERBOARD on startlinetiming.com for your results, finish certificates etc.
2. Garmin / Strava / Other Tracker
To use your Garmin, Strava or other run tracking device verification please follow these instructions:
Step 1: Click the unique link provided in the Pre-Race email that you will receive 24 hours before the Virtual Running Window opens,
OR login at https://startlinetiming.com/en/virtual/2020/melissa and enter your authentication key:
Step 2: Enter your times and distance, and attach GPX file:
Step 3: Check the LEADERBOARD on startlinetiming.com for your results, finish certificates etc.
3. Photo Evidence
Use the exact steps as Option B (Garmin/Strava/Other Tracker) but when you enter your times and distance, you will attach a JPG file (photo) showing a device that verifies that you have completed the prescribed distance of your event (5k, 10k, or 21.1k). This could include a picture of a device showing your distance such as your smart phone, fitness tracker, treadmill, etc.